Searching for meaning in an uncertain world.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Addendum: Radical Changes To Plan

I've decided that my progress has been unsatisfactory this month; I have not challenged myself enough, and so I have devised a much more challenging regimen. For the remainder of the month of discipline, I will not allow myself to drink any alcohol, will force myself to make conversation with a stranger every night that I am out on the town, and will stay celibate.

Tonight I was disappointed in my progress; I had a few drinks, I ate a large meal, I did not engage anyone in conversation outside of my group of friends. This is unacceptable! This is not worthy of a month of discipline. On the drive home I felt frustrated with myself, angry that I was not living up to my full potential. Life is so incredibly short, and yet I waste opportunities. No longer, I will use this anger productively, and focus it.

Tomorrow, I will fast following my post-workout meal for 24 hours. This is a physical test of discipline that will serve to kick off this more restrictive, more deserving challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment